Kindly Sponsored by:
The Demolition Operative of the Year Award was launched at the Federation’s AGM on 10 March 1995.
This Award is for a Demolition Operative (up to Chargehand), who during the year of the Award, has made outstanding progress in achieving Demolition Operative skills as per Criteria 2 below.
The winner will receive a cheque for £1,000 together with the Award Trophy, which will be presented at the Annual Luncheon Awards Ceremony, which follows the AGM on 23rd March 2018.
The following criteria must be achieved:
- Nominated Demolition Operative must be directly employed by a Corporate Member of the NFDC and have been employed by that Corporate Member for a minimum of one year at the time of submitting this nomination form.
- Nominated Demolition Operative must hold a valid Certificate of Competence for Demolition Operative, Demolition Reclamation Refurbishment Operative (DRRO) or Topman.
- Demolition Operative must be nominated by their employer with a limitation of one nomination per Corporate Member.
- Personal Qualities – The Award is aimed at Demolition Operatives who have shown potential for development as future Supervisors/Managers within the Demolition Industry. Demolition Operatives nominated for the Award should show above average qualities of: –
- Safety Awareness
- Completion of work to a high standard
- Potential leadership qualities
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Showing a good sense of responsibility
Nomination Forms and Process
Please complete the nomination form and attach all necessary documents to support your submission and submit online.
Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
The closing date for the award submission is Friday, 19th January 2018. The Judging Panel will review all nominations shortly after, and the award shortlist will then be issued.
Your Company’s support of the nominated candidate at the Awards Luncheon would be greatly appreciated.
As the candidates will not be seen individually, could you please provide a description below as to why you feel your candidate is worthy of this Award. You may also attach photographic or video evidence if you feel this will be beneficial to the Judging Panel.